Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- When it comes to the regional banks, "the time is now," Jim Cramer told Lindsey Bell at TheStreet.com Thursday.
Cramer said many investors and analysts are focused on a single metric, net interest margin, but that's only one of many matrices that matter. He said that as with any business sales matter, growth matters and more loans matter, all of which the regionals banks have.That's why KeyCorp (KEYB) remains a favorite for Cramer's charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. Cramer also recommended BB&T (BBT) and First Horizon (FHN) as other strong players. As for Citigroup, Cramer said he was a fan of Vikram Pandit but it appears Citi is pulling back from Pandit's strategy at the very time it should be pushing it forward. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV