Revenue came in at $4 billion, an 18% increase year over year, as Marketplaces generated $2 billion in sales. Excluding items, eBay earned 70 cents a share. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 69 cents a share on $3.98 billion in revenue.
PayPal also helped generate strong results for eBay, as the online payments service company saw mobile payments volume rise more than three-fold to $14 billion. Active accounts rose 15% year over year, and the company expects more than $20 billion in 2013.
Intel (INTC) shares were up 1.22% to $22.38 as the chipmaker gets set to report earnings after the close Thursday. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters expect Intel to report earnings of 45 cents a share on $13.53 billion in revenue. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV