Greene County Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: GCBC), today announced that its Board of Directors has approved the continuation of the Company’s regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.175 per share. The dividend reflects an annual cash dividend rate of $0.70 per share.
The cash dividend for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 will be paid to shareholders of record as of February 15, 2013 and is expected to be paid on or about April 1, 2013.
The Company is the majority-owned subsidiary of Greene County Bancorp, MHC (the “MHC”), a federal mutual holding company, which owns 55.1% of the Company’s outstanding common shares. The MHC intends to seek the approval of the MHC’s members (depositors of The Bank of Greene County) to waive the MHC’s receipt of this dividend, as well as on any future dividends declared by the Company on its common stock during the twelve months subsequent to the members’ approval of the dividend waiver proposal, at a special meeting of members scheduled for February 19, 2013.
Historically, the MHC has waived its right to receive dividends declared on its shares of the Company’s common stock, and the MHC has waived the receipt of dividends for the quarter end December 31, 2012, subject to the non-objection of the Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve Board has adopted interim final regulations that impose significant conditions and restrictions on the ability of mutual holding companies to waive the receipt of dividends from their subsidiaries. If the MHC obtains approval of its members at the special meeting of members to waive the dividend, it will then seek the non-objection of the Federal Reserve Board for such dividend waiver. If this non-objection is obtained prior to April 1, 2013, the expected payment date of the dividend, the MHC intends to waive its receipt of the dividend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV