According to a story in today's Wall Street Journal, that might just be the case.
As the story goes, with the US cellular marketplace now entering the "mature" phase (which means further expansion will be at a much slower pace) AT&T is looking to buy a cellular carrier somewhere in Europe.
Although foreign investment could turn out to be a risky proposition, it could also turn out to be quite lucrative. With an ever-growing number of new small companies providing wireless services overseas, there should be a number of interesting possibilities for a European AT&T business venture. Modern 4G data networks are currently and slowly being built out across the continent.It's not clear whether AT&T has begun talks with any company. The telecom giant's not saying. But The Journal's story names two possible targets: carrier Everything Everywhere in the UK., Royal KPN NV in Holland and unnamed companies in Germany. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV