Positive Outlook On Obama's Second Term As Inauguration Day Approaches
NEW YORK, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As President Barack Obama prepares for his second inauguration, findings from a recent Harris Poll show that a slight majority of Americans are feeling hopeful about the President's second term. Just over half (52%) of U.S. adults describe themselves as very or somewhat happy about Obama beginning his second term, considerably more than indicate being very or somewhat upset (39%). Similarly, nearly half of Americans (47%) believe things will be better for the country at the end of the President's second term, putting this sentiment well ahead of feelings that things will be much or somewhat worse (35%) or exactly the same (18%). Responses largely fell along party lines, as anticipated; political independents were evenly split on these questions, but were more divided on specific issues including jobs, gun control and education.
These are some of the results of The Harris Poll of 2,166 U.S. adults surveyed online between January 7 and 9, 2013 by Harris Interactive.
Four More YearsWhile Independents fall evenly across both camps, amongst Republicans and Democrats feelings about the President beginning his second term are squarely split by party policy:
- 86% of Democrats agree they are very or somewhat happy.
- 83% of Republicans report feeling very or somewhat upset.
- Political independents are evenly split, with 43% conveying happiness and 44% in the camp of very or somewhat upset.
- Independents are also divided as to whether things will be better (41%) or worse (39%) for the U.S. at the end of Obama's second term, with one in five (20%) expecting things will remain exactly the same.
- Jobs (29% in February 2011 to 39% in January 2013),
- Education (39% to 47%),
- Healthcare (37% to 43%) and
- The economy (33% to 39%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV