So while the tide may be turning in the company's favor, Cramer said he's still advising individual investors stay away until after the dust settles.
Cramer was bearish on Amarin (AMRN).
In the "Mad Mail" viewer feedback segment, Cramer followed up on Ironwood Pharma (IRWD), a stock that's up 20% so far this year. Cramer said that he'd rather be in a big pharma name like Pfizer (PFE). Cramer did bless owning Santarus (SNTS), however, even though that stock is up a full 170% over the past 12 months.When asked about Hovnanian (HOV), Cramer said he prefers just about any other homebuilder over Hovnanian, and Pulte Homes (PHM) wins best in show. Cramer was bearish on Nordic American Tanker (NAT), although he said the company's dividend cut might signal a bottom in the stock. He was also not a fan of Prudential (PRU) saying that he prefers American International Group (AIG), which is less expensive. Finally, Cramer said he's not a fan of Darden Restaurants (DRI), which has not been well run as of late, but he is a fan of Southern Company (SO).
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said it's time to unwind the "buy the big banks, sell the small ones," strategy. He said the big banks have failed to inspire any excitement as of late, and the action has moved into the regional banks. Cramer said the regional banks can make more money as the economy recovers and housing rebounds. He recommended First Horizon (FHN) and Key Corp (KEY), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV