Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:UMPQ), set new marks for community engagement, with 2,175 of the company’s associates volunteering 46,730 hours to 1,757 organizations across four states. Just one year after setting a new industry standard with 90% participation and more than 45,000 hours of service, 93% of Umpqua Bank associates in Oregon, Washington, California and Nevada actively volunteered in 2012.
“At Umpqua, we believe we have an obligation to give back, and that being a good corporate citizen begins with making it possible for our associates to serve our communities actively,” said Ray Davis, president and CEO of Umpqua Bank. “Our Connect Volunteer Network is a benefit Umpqua associates across all divisions and levels value, and their generosity and passion is an inspiration.”
When compared to national averages for employer-supported service activities, Umpqua Bank’s participation almost triples the highest ranges, as compared to 2011/2 figures from the Carroll School of Management Center for Corporate Citizenship at Boston College.
Umpqua Bank attributes the success of the Connect program to three primary areas of focus:
- Culture Fit – Volunteer programs should be a natural extension of a company’s culture, reinforcing the organization’s strengths and points of differentiation. Establishing a volunteer program as a core value is key to making it a priority for employees.
- Executive Ambassadors – Successful volunteer programs have strong executive support, with executives actively setting an example by participating themselves. This top-down approach has proven successful in launching and retaining corporate volunteer programs.
- Easy to Use – Creating a program that is embedded into a company’s operations, allows for easy participation and shows the impact for the effort is critical to achieving high employee involvement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV