Umpqua Bank, a subsidiary of Umpqua Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ:UMPQ), set new marks for community engagement, with 2,175 of the company’s associates volunteering 46,730 hours to 1,757 organizations across four states. Just one year after setting a new industry standard with 90% participation and more than 45,000 hours of service, 93% of Umpqua Bank associates in Oregon, Washington, California and Nevada actively volunteered in 2012.
“At Umpqua, we believe we have an obligation to give back, and that being a good corporate citizen begins with making it possible for our associates to serve our communities actively,” said Ray Davis, president and CEO of Umpqua Bank. “Our Connect Volunteer Network is a benefit Umpqua associates across all divisions and levels value, and their generosity and passion is an inspiration.”
When compared to national averages for employer-supported service activities, Umpqua Bank’s participation almost triples the highest ranges, as compared to 2011/2 figures from the Carroll School of Management Center for Corporate Citizenship at Boston College.
Umpqua Bank attributes the success of the Connect program to three primary areas of focus:
- Culture Fit – Volunteer programs should be a natural extension of a company’s culture, reinforcing the organization’s strengths and points of differentiation. Establishing a volunteer program as a core value is key to making it a priority for employees.
- Executive Ambassadors – Successful volunteer programs have strong executive support, with executives actively setting an example by participating themselves. This top-down approach has proven successful in launching and retaining corporate volunteer programs.
- Easy to Use – Creating a program that is embedded into a company’s operations, allows for easy participation and shows the impact for the effort is critical to achieving high employee involvement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV