Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) saved more than $600,000 and enhanced the productivity of clinicians in its Family Medicine Residency Program by implementing Dell’s Mobile Clinical Computing (MCC) solution, according to a new commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Dell and released today.
TMH, which serves 16 counties in North Florida and South Georgia, participated in a year-long pilot study of the solution at its Family Medicine Residency Program consisting of 55 physicians who were also simultaneously adopting a new electronic medical records system.
Designed to improve clinician efficiency without compromising security, Dell’s MCC solution combines desktop virtualization, single-sign-on and strong authentication technologies with expert consulting, implementation and support services. By storing information in the data center – not the endpoint device – MCC helps reduce the risk of lost or stolen data and simplifies HIPAA compliance. For the deployment at TMH, the solution featured Citrix XenDesktop® for desktop virtualization, Imprivata OneSign® for single sign-on and strong authentication, and AppSense® Environment Manager™ for profile management.
By implementing Dell’s MCC solution, TMH achieved a risk-adjusted return on investment of 83 percent with a payback period of 13 months based on the Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study conducted by Forrester Consulting. The study also notes that Dell’s MCC solution can provide TMH projected risk-adjusted benefits of $636,235 over the next three years. 1With the increase in productivity attributed to the adoption of the solution, the Forrester study conservatively estimates that the clinic will be able to schedule an additional one or two patients per day, per physician. In addition, the pilot implementation helped the hospital:
- Ensure “faster time to care” for patients by maintaining a consistent computing session when a clinician changes location or device. The simple badge-in/badge-out process provides quick, secure access to all relevant patient information.
- Implement electronic medical records in a secure environment that simplifies compliance with data security policies and regulations and allows clinicians more time to spend with patients.
- Reduce IT hardware maintenance by leveraging thin and zero clients, such as Dell Wyse endpoints, and centrally fixing remote failures.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts