Participating Magellan members can now interact 24/7 with members in the following behavioral health communities:
- Addiction (forms of substance abuse and chemical dependency, and process addictions such as eating, sex, gambling, spending, etc.), and certain Family Support (Al-Anon, Adult Children of Alcoholics, Nar-Anon, and Codependents Anonymous)
- Eating Disorders (e.g. Anorexia and/or Bulimia)
Peer Support Pilot
In 2012, Magellan conducted a pilot program with a large health plan utilizing OneHealth Solutions’ addiction platform and peer support. The pilot resulted in very positive outcomes:
- The duration of engagement over a several month period exceeded expectations by two fold
- The repeated number of times each participant engaged with the solution online was significantly higher than our experience for many other programs
- The Net Promoter Score for members who would recommend the services to others was double what we expected and higher than industry averages
OneHealth Solutions CEO Bruce Springer said, “Magellan’s member engagement metrics and pilot results demonstrate a high degree of interest by members to utilize online peer support services as a means for sustained recovery and health management. Magellan is the first behavioral health provider to offer technology-enabled peer support and community-based services to its entire customer base. We are excited about this strategic relationship and looking forward to more innovation as we implement solutions more broadly with Magellan to improve health outcomes.”For more information about Magellan’s peer support services please contact Joseph M. Kean at jmkean@MagellanHealth.com. About Magellan Health Services Headquartered in Avon, Conn., Magellan Health Services Inc. is a leading specialty health care management organization with expertise in managing behavioral health, radiology and pharmacy programs. Magellan delivers innovative solutions to improve quality outcomes and optimize the cost of care for those we serve. As of September 30, 2012, Magellan's customers include health plans, employers and government agencies, serving approximately 33.8 million members in our behavioral health business, 17.3 million members in our radiology benefits management segment, and 8 million members in our medical pharmacy management product. In addition, the specialty pharmaceutical segment served 40 health plans and several pharmaceutical manufacturers and state Medicaid Programs. The Company's Medicaid Administration segment served 24 states and the District of Columbia. For more information, visit www.MagellanHealth.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV