DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Fusion Energi sedan is Ford's newest plug-in hybrid – capable of making trips of up to 620 miles without having to stop for gas or to recharge the battery when starting with a fully charged battery and full gas tank
- Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid delivers up to 21 miles in electric-only mode – nearly triple the electric-only range of the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid and double the Honda Accord plug-in hybrid
- Fusion Energi is Ford's second production plug-in hybrid – the all-new Ford C-MAX Energi has been available since November – rounding out a list of five Ford electrified vehicles that have launched since late 2011
- The vehicles in Ford's all-new electrified lineup have been sprinting out of the gate – December marked the second consecutive month in which the company set a record for hybrid vehicle sales; nearly 20,000 Ford hybrids were sold in the fourth quarter
Already Ford's most fuel-efficient sedan, the all-new Fusion Energi now has an EPA-rated total range of up to 620 miles and the ability to drive up to 21 miles in electric-only mode, nearly triple the electric-only range of plug-in hybrids from Toyota and Honda.
With its 620 mile range, the new Fusion Energi can travel from Boston to Virginia Beach on one tank of gas and one full charge or traverse the West Coast's scenic Highway 101 from Sacramento to San Diego.
And the stellar range only adds to the benefits Fusion Energi boasts, including EPA-rated fuel economy figures of 108 MPGe city, 92 MPGe highway and 100 MPGe combined – up to 5 MPGe greater than Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid. These are numbers that the EPA anticipates could help save customers an estimated $6,850 in fuel costs compared with an average new car over the course of five years.Similar metrics across its entire lineup have helped the Ford brand climb to No. 1 in fuel efficiency customer satisfaction – J.D. Power says Ford now beats Toyota for leading fuel efficiency in every segment where both compete.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV