An important consideration in the selection of Emerson was the robust diagnostic capabilities offered by its AMS Suite predictive maintenance software. AMS Suite will provide online access to instrument and valve diagnostics and automatic documentation of field device maintenance information – all contributing to ongoing efficiency at the solar plant. It will also be used to streamline device configuration and commissioning.
“This is a truly innovative project that will be an important source of clean, reliable electricity,” said Bob Yeager, president of Emerson Process Management’s Power & Water Solutions. “By providing integrated control of major equipment and processes, our Ovation system and the predictive intelligence of AMS Suite will play a key role in the smooth, efficient operation of this noteworthy solar project.”
The contract was awarded by Cobra Thermosolar Plants Inc.
About Emerson Process ManagementEmerson Process Management ( www.EmersonProcess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production, processing and distribution in the power, water and wastewater treatment, chemical, oil and gas, refining, pulp and paper, mining and metals, food and beverage, life sciences and other industries. Emerson brands include PlantWeb™, Ovation™, Scenario™, SmartProcess™, SureService™, Syncade™, DeltaV™, Fisher ®, Micro Motion ®, Rosemount ®, Daniel ™, and AMS Suite. About Emerson Emerson (NYSE: EMR), based in St. Louis, Missouri (USA), is a global leader in bringing technology and engineering together to provide innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and consumer markets around the world. The company is comprised of five business segments: Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions. Sales in fiscal 2012 were $24.4 billion. For more information, visit www.Emerson.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV