Serbs Set Up "Rage Room" For Unleashing Anger
"Dozens have come so far," Pausic said, "people of all ages" â¿¿ adding that it's also popular among women. He said that visitors usually need about five minutes to destroy everything inside.
While it may be an easy way to let off steam, experts warn that projects like this are no replacement for anger management therapy.
Sanja Marjanovic, a psychologist from Belgrade, said that modern science looks for ways to control frustrations before they explode into full-blown rage. She explained that "venting anger does give you an immediate sense of relief but in the long run, one becomes accustomed to feeling angry."
"In a stressful situation, one can count to ten, or take calm, deep breaths," she said. "It's much more useful to practice yoga."Pausic said each visitor must sign a document that includes a clause saying the Rage Room does not aspire to offer medical assistance. And, after the session is over, customers are given a CD that includes information about professional therapists and how to contact them. For his part, Duvnjak found therapeutic value in the Rage Room. He said the session helped to take off some of the pressure that had built up in his studies â¿¿ adding that many of his friends felt the same way. "This is better than getting into a fight," he concluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV