Wedding And Portrait Photography Excellence Celebrated By Kodak At Imaging USA
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Wedding and Portrait photographers from Iowa, Florida, Tennessee and New Jersey joined the ranks of the elite, named the 2012 recipients of the annual KODAK PROFESSIONAL Gallery Elite Awards. The awards recognize outstanding creativity and skill of wedding and portrait photographers who have also utilized KODAK PROFESSIONAL Products and Services to produce exceptional photographic prints for their clients. Kodak will showcase these images in its booth, #1929 at Imaging USA (I- USA), the annual conference and trade show of the Professional Photographers of America (PPA).
Ben Shirk, Shirk Photography , received the grand prize, for his image, A Wild Ride. Shirk, based in Wilton, IA, took what started as a hobby in photography and built a thriving studio with his wife, focusing on creating unique portraits. The judges described Shirk's photograph, printed by White House Custom Colour , as extremely well composed and a "believable fantasy" with a "whimsical feeling."
"Each KODAK PROFESSIONAL Gallery Elite Award winner represents the trifecta of wedding and portrait excellence – professionalism, talent and a unique style," said Christopher S. Van Zandt, Vice President & General Manager, Paper & Output Systems, Americas Region, Eastman Kodak Company. "They also all recognize that working with a professional lab to create output printed on KODAK PROFESSIONAL Products contributes to the high quality and lasting memories they provide their clients."
In addition to Shirk, three photographers received KODAK PROFESSIONAL Gallery Elite Awards:
- 2 nd Place: Peter Burg, Burg Photographix , Maitland, FL for Art Deco Classic
- 3 rd Place: Dorma Tabisz, Photographic Art by Dorma , Franklin, TN for Nature's Simple Moment
- 4 th Place: Jim LaSala, Jim LaSala Fine Art Photography , Flemington, NJ for Burden of Haiti's Future
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV