HOPKINTON, Mass., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- IDC names EMC as a leader in its new " IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Scale-Out File-Based Storage 2012 Vendor Analysis" report.
- IDC's report provides a qualitative and quantitative assessment of the characteristics that explain a vendor's success in the marketplace — identifying EMC as a leader for its EMC Isilon products.
- IDC attributes EMC's success to the laser focus of EMC Isilon on scale-out storage, as well as the ability to meet growing customer demands and support a robust reseller network.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced it has been positioned as a "Leader" by IDC in its new "IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Scale-Out File-Based Storage 2012 Vendor Analysis" report 1. EMC ® earned this ranking based on the functionality and success of its EMC Isilon ® portfolio.IDC reports that "EMC's portfolio encompasses a variety of storage products for the entry, midrange and enterprise levels that serve numerous use cases. EMC's backbone for the scale-out file-based storage segment is Isilon. EMC acquired Isilon in late 2010 and positions Isilon's unique clustered architecture for customers that face rapid growth of data, high bandwidth needs and high availability demands." In addition, the IDC report notes that "EMC has consistently dominated the storage space for several years. It has been able to do so by identifying upcoming trends and bringing to market timely and appropriate storage solutions. EMC has also benefited from strategic alliances and acquisitions to enhance its portfolio, giving it an edge over the competition." As the social and mobile world impacts businesses worldwide, the surge in data size and volume necessitates continued and consistent access to data across all devices and locations. In this new landscape, large-scale storage is needed to quickly and reliably scale for storage of file-based data. This IDC study assesses current and future market viability based on products and market share, to give a complete picture of the scale-out universe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV