Regions Bank (NYSE:RF) is offering high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors an opportunity to both celebrate the contributions of African Americans, past and present, and earn money to attend college through the 2013 Regions Riding Forward Scholarship Essay Contest.
Regions will award Regions Riding Forward Scholarships to one high school senior and one college student from each of the 16 states with Regions Bank branches. The selection is based on a competitive essay contest:
- Eligible High School seniors may apply to win a $5,000 scholarship by writing an essay about an African-American (past or present) who has inspired them.
- Eligible College freshmen, sophomores and juniors may apply to win a $2,500 scholarship by writing an essay about an African-American (past or present) who has inspired them and influenced their current college career.
- Additional entry details and complete eligibility requirements are available on the campaign’s website, www.regions.com/ridingforward.
The Riding Forward Scholarship is part of a larger Regions Bank awareness campaign to celebrate Black History Month and is in its second year. Advertisements feature youth of today being supported on a tandem bicycle by great African American heroes.
“This scholarship program allows us to both honor those African-Americans who paved the way for us all and to invest in our young people,” said Lajuana Bradford, senior vice president, Regions Corporate Social Responsibility. “As we celebrate Black History Month with this program for the second year in a row, we hope that it leaves a legacy in the lives of these students.”Applications for the Regions Riding Forward Scholarship will be accepted from January 21, 2013-February 28, 2013. Scholarship awards will be announced in April 2013. For more information or to see last year’s winners and essays, visit www.regions.com/ridingforward. About Regions Financial Corporation Regions Financial Corporation, with $122 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, mortgage, and insurance products and services. Regions serves customers in 16 states across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,700 banking offices and 2,100 ATMs. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV