HOUSTON, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Helping customers develop end products requiring on-site connectivity, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced its newest 32-bit, real-time C2000™ Piccolo™ F2806xU microcontrollers (MCU) with integrated USB connectivity.
In many applications, such as consumer and industrial motor control systems, industrial power systems, telecom and data systems, wind and solar energy generation and general power electronic applications, being able to access diagnostics and make on-the-go changes in the field is critical. With the Piccolo F2806xU MCU, TI customers can easily incorporate USB connectivity into their applications.
Features and benefits of Piccolo F2806xU MCUs:
- Integrated USB 2.0 and CAN peripherals for on-the-go communications in the field.
- 12-bit, 3 MSPS, analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with simultaneous, dual sampling and on-chip voltage reference yield quick and accurate system feedback.
- Three high-speed analog comparators with 30ns response time promote near instantaneous fault responsiveness.
- C-programmable, 32-bit floating-point CLA co-processor included with F2806x Piccolo™ MCUs bolsters system performance by up to twofold and enables closed loop control of multiple independent targets. The CLA has direct control of on-chip peripherals and features its own bus and memory structure to support parallel execution of algorithms.
- In addition to the C28x core and CLA, the Viterbi Complex Math Unit (VCU) provides 75 tailored math instructions to accelerate processing of communications algorithms.
- Code compatibility across the C2000 MCU platform allows developers to scale solutions from 40 MHz to 300 MHz.
Tools, software, training and supportC2000's flexible and modular design concepts allow developers to experiment with various C2000 microcontrollers to fit price, performance and peripheral feature set requirements. Development tools for the F2806xU microcontrollers are available and include: $39 controlSTICK ( TMDX28069USB), $59 controlCARD ( TMDXCNCD28069) and $99 Experimenter's Kit ( TMDXDOCK28069). Application-specific motor control and digital power development kits, featuring the DRV8x motor drivers and digital power integrated circuits (ICs), are also available now. controlSUITE software provides open source software, example projects, hardware schematics, easy-to-use demonstration GUIs, and documentation. It is free and can be accessed immediately. All of these tools and software, combined with online training and online support make development easy and get products to market more quickly.Pricing and availabilityThe F2806xU Piccolo microcontrollers start at $4.95 in 1k volumes and offer various configurations to meet a variety of performance, memory, peripheral and package size requirements. Find out more about TI's C2000 solutions by visiting the links below:
- C2000 MCU page: www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-lp2
- controlSUITE software: www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-lp1
- TI's microcontroller portfolio: http://www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-lp3
- TI estore: http://www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-es
- TI e2e community: http://www.ti.com/c2x-f2806xU-pr-e2e
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts