Huntington's shares closed at $6.72 Wednesday, trading for 1.2 times their reported Dec. 31 tangible book value of $5.78, and for 10.3 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 65 cents. The consensus 2014 EPS estimate is 68 cents.
Based on a quarterly payout of four cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.38%. The company repurchased 23.3 million shares during 2012, at an average price of $6.36.
Jefferies analyst Ken Usdin said in a note following the earnings release that "We view the quarter as a touch soft, but the better guide for net interest income (modest growth) and [management's] trimming of the pace and size of planned investments in '13 should provide some solace."
Usdin rates Huntington a "Buy," with a price target of $7.50, estimating the company will earn 65 cents a share in 2013.data by YCharts
Interested in more on Huntington Bancshares? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV