Consumer and Business Banking (CBB)
|Three Months Ended||Year Ended|
|(Dollars in millions)||December 31 2012||December 312011||December 31 2012||December 312011|
|Total revenue, net of interest expense, FTE basis||$||7,204||$||7,606||$||29,023||$||32,880|
|Provision for credit losses||963||1,297||3,941||3,490|
|Return on average equity||10.48||%||9.30||%||9.92||%||14.07||%|
|Return on average economic capital 1||23.94||22.08||23.01||33.52|
At December 31, 2012
At December 31,2011
|Client brokerage assets||$||75,946||$||66,576|
1 Return on average economic capital is a non-GAAP financial measure. For reconciliation to GAAP financial measures, refer to pages 25-28 of this press release.
- Average deposit balances increased $26.6 billion from the year-ago quarter, driven by growth in liquid products in a low-rate environment. The average rate paid on deposits declined 5 basis points to 16 basis points in the fourth quarter of 2012 from the year-ago quarter due to pricing discipline and a shift in the mix of deposits.
- During the fourth quarter of 2012, purchase volumes per average active credit card account rose 7 percent from the year ago quarter; the number of BankAmericard Cash Rewards cards increased by nearly 24 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012 to a total of 2.1 million cards since the product was launched in the third quarter of 2011.
Financial OverviewConsumer and Business Banking net income was $1.4 billion, up $186 million, or 15 percent, from the year-ago quarter due to lower credit costs and noninterest expense, partially offset by a decrease in net interest income primarily from lower average loans and the continued low-rate environment. Noninterest income of $2.5 billion remained relatively flat.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV