More Homeowners Take To Selling At Auctions
For the last few years, it has been a buyer's market. Low interest rates and home prices gave buyers the undeniable advantage. Sellers on the other hand, struggled to get top dollar for their non-distressed homes, often selling at a loss or having their homes sit on the markets for months and months.
Frustrated by the slow and sometimes unfruitful process of selling their homes the traditional way, more homeowners have taken to selling their homes in a rather unconventional way: at auction.
Why sellers choose auctions
"We launched a special individual home sellers division in January 2012 because of the growing interest among sellers in the auction method," says Fontana Fitzwilson, executive vice president of Williams, Williams and McKissick, a real estate auction company in Tulsa, Okla. "The number one reason sellers like auctions is that they offer a time-definite method of sale."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV