ASML intends to again increase the dividend by 15 percent compared with last year. Therefore, we will submit a proposal to the 2013 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders (AGM) to declare a dividend in respect of 2012 of EUR 0.53 per ordinary share (for a total amount of approximately EUR 215 million), compared with a dividend of EUR 0.46 per ordinary share paid in respect of 2011. The proposed dividend represents 19.6 percent of earnings per share in 2012.
For regulatory reasons, ASML will not announce any new share buy back program before Cymer’s Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders, which will be held on 5 February 2013.
- In the fourth quarter, we announced the intended cash-and-stock acquisition of lithographic light source supplier Cymer. As part of the regulatory review process, clearance has been granted by the U.S. Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) and German anti-trust authorities. We continue to expect the transaction to close in the first half of 2013.
- In the fourth quarter ASML released EUR 119.5 million of its liability for unrecognized tax benefits after successful conclusion of tax audits in different jurisdictions, which resulted in a net tax benefit of EUR 115.8 million for the quarter. The release of the liability for unrecognized tax benefits almost completely offsets the income tax due over ASML’s earnings for the year.
- SG&A of EUR 79.5 million reflected exceptional additional costs of EUR 14 million, related to the acquisition offer for Cymer.
About ASMLASML is one of the world's leading providers of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML is traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML. ASML has 8,500 employees on payroll (expressed in full time equivalents), serving chip manufacturers in more than 55 locations in 16 countries. More information about our company, our products and technology, and career opportunities is available on our website: www.asml.com Press Conference A press conference hosted by CEO Eric Meurice and CFO Peter Wennink will be held at our office in Veldhoven at 11:00 AM Central European Time / 05:00 AM Eastern U.S. time. To listen to the press conference, access is available via www.asml.com A presentation about 2012 fourth quarter and full year results is available on www.asml.com A video statement of CFO Peter Wennink is available on www.asml.com Investor and Media Conference Call A conference call for investors and media will be hosted by CEO Eric Meurice and CFO Peter Wennink at 15:00 PM Central European Time / 09:00 AM Eastern U.S. time. Dial-in numbers are: in the Netherlands + 31 20 531 5871 and the US +1 646 254 3367 (US participants will have to quote the following confirmation code when dialing into the conference: 6663104). To listen to the conference call, access is also available via www.asml.com A replay of the Investor and Media Call will be available on www.asml.com 2012 Annual Report ASML will publish its 2012 annual report on Form 20-F, Statutory Annual Report and Remuneration Report on 13 February 2013. The reports will be published on our website at www.asml.com. US GAAP and IFRS Financial Reporting ASML's primary accounting standard for quarterly earnings releases and annual reports is US GAAP, the accounting standard generally accepted in the United States. Quarterly US GAAP consolidated statements of operations, consolidated statements of cash flows and consolidated balance sheets, and a reconciliation of net income and equity from US GAAP to IFRS as adopted by the EU are available on www.asml.com In addition to reporting financial figures in accordance with US GAAP, ASML also reports financial figures in accordance with IFRS for statutory purposes. The most significant differences between US GAAP and IFRS that affect ASML concern the capitalization of certain product development costs, the accounting of share-based payment plans, the accounting of income taxes and the accounting of reversal of inventory write-downs. ASML’s quarterly IFRS consolidated income statement, consolidated statement of cash flows, consolidated statement of financial position and a reconciliation of net income and equity from US GAAP to IFRS are available on www.asml.com The consolidated balance sheets of ASML Holding N.V. as of December 31, 2012, the related consolidated statements of operations and consolidated statements of cash flows for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 as presented in this press release are unaudited.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV