For the first quarter of 2013, ASML expects net sales of about EUR 850 million, gross margin of about 38 percent, R&D costs of EUR 185 million, other income of EUR 16 million which consists of contributions from participants of the Customer Co-Investment Program and SG&A costs of EUR 63 million including EUR 6 million in expenses related to the pending Cymer acquisition.
Fourth-Quarter Product Highlights
- Our TWINSCAN NXT lithography system has achieved record matched machine overlay of less than 4 nm, a 2 nm improvement.
- Holistic Lithography continued to expand and integrated metrology and feedback loops which enable shrink, reduce drift and improve yield contributed to record sales from service and field options of EUR 257 million.
- In our EUV program, our NXE:3100 pre-production systems have exposed a cumulative total of more than 30,000 wafers at customer sites, enabling successful recipe development for the sub-14 nm Logic and 22 nm DRAM nodes, which may soon lead to additional orders for production systems for delivery targeted in 2014.
- Imaging of the NXE:3300B, the system intended for high-volume manufacturing, continues to improve, shows excellent results down to 14 nm. The first NXE:3300B customer system is in final stage of test and qualification in our cleanroom in Veldhoven.
- Progress towards an EUV light source powerful enough for high-volume manufacturing has been encouraging and steady: We have seen in the past quarter results from the first fully integrated EUV source with stable full-field expose power of up to 40 Watts with good dose control over extended time. This allows us to prepare initial shipments of the NXE:3300B and gives us confidence in the ability to implement improvements over time to power levels enabling 70 wafers per hour at customers mid-2014.
- For our new 450mm development program, ASML is expanding the design team in line with the targeting of pre-production systems for 2016 and production for 2018
Cash return programs
Due to ASML's strong financial position and operating cash flow prospects, we intend to continue to return excess cash to shareholders through increasing dividends and share buy back programs, thus supporting our shareholders in their continued investment in ASML.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts