Asia Stocks Rise On Signs Of Improving US Economy
The Dow Jones industrial average lost 0.2 percent to close at 13,511.23. The Standard & Poor's 500 rose less than 0.1 percent to 1,472.63. The Nasdaq composite index rose 0.2 percent to 3,117.54.
Benchmark oil for February delivery was down 12 cents to $94.11 per barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract rose 96 cents to close at $94.24 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
In currencies, the euro rose to $1.3300 from $1.3286 late Wednesday in New York. The dollar rose to 88.53 yen from 88.49 yen.
___Follow Pamela Sampson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/pamelasampson
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV