Ritch Wood, the company's chief financial officer, will be presenting at the ICR XChange conference on Jan. 17 at noon (EDT). Those wishing to access the webcast and accompanying slides can visit the Investor Relations page on Nu Skin Enterprises' website, http://ir.nuskin.com. An archive of the webcast will be available at this same URL through Feb, 1, 2013.
About Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. demonstrates its tradition of innovation through its comprehensive anti-aging product portfolio, independent business opportunity and corporate social responsibility initiatives. The company's scientific leadership in both skin care and nutrition has established Nu Skin as a premier anti-aging company. The company's anti-aging products feature the new ageLOC ® suite of products including the ageLOC ® R 2 nutritional supplement, ageLOC ® Galvanic Spa System and ageLOC ® Galvanic Body Spa™, as well as the ageLOC ® Transformation daily skin care system. A global direct selling company, Nu Skin operates in 53 markets worldwide and has more than 900,000 active distributors and preferred customers. Nu Skin is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol 'NUS'. More information is available at http://www.nuskin.com.
Please Note : This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended that represent the company's current expectations and beliefs. All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws and include, but are not limited to, statements of management's expectations regarding the company's performance, initiatives, strategies and new product introductions; statements of estimates or projections regarding revenue, earnings per share, foreign currency impact, the amount and timing of future dividend payments and other financial items; statements of belief; and statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. In some cases, you can identify these statements by forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "project," "anticipate," "estimate," "intend," "plan," "targets," "likely," "will," "would," "could," "may," "might," the negative of these words and other similar words.The forward-looking statements and related assumptions involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to differ materially from any forward-looking statements or views expressed herein. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- estimates and guidance concerning anticipated revenue, earnings per share and the impact of foreign currency are preliminary estimates, and actual results may differ from the estimates and guidance provided based on a number of factors, including higher than anticipated expenses, changes in reserves, and year-end and other financial statement or audit adjustments;
- the actual declaration and payment of the planned dividends by the Board of Directors is subject to any changes in the company's net earnings, financial condition, cash requirements, future prospects or other factors deemed relevant by the company's board of directors that could cause the Board of Directors to reduce or discontinue the payment of currently planned quarterly dividends;
- any failure of current or planned initiatives or products to generate interest among distributors and customers and generate sponsoring and selling activities on a sustained basis;
- risks related to accurately predicting, delivering or maintaining sufficient quantities of products to support our planned initiatives or launch strategies, including possible ingredient supply limitations;
- challenging economic conditions globally;
- risk of foreign currency fluctuations and the currency translation impact on the company's business associated with these fluctuations;
- risks associated with general inquiries and complaints to consumer protection agencies in Japan regarding the activities of some distributors;
- regulatory risks associated with the company's products, which could require the company to modify its claims or inhibit the company's ability to import or continue selling a product in a market if it is determined to be a medical device or if it is unable to register the product in a timely manner under applicable regulatory requirements;
- continued regulatory scrutiny and investigations in Mainland China, which have from time to time in the past, and could in the future, negatively impact the company's business, including the interruption of sales activities in stores, loss of licenses, and the imposition of fines;
- adverse publicity related to the company's business, products, industry or any legal actions or complaints by distributors or others;
- any prospective or retrospective increases in duties on the company's products imported into the company's markets outside of the United States and any adverse results of tax audits or unfavorable changes to tax laws in the company's various markets; and
- continued competitive pressures in the company's markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV