Sisterly Bonding, The Bariatric Way, With Sleeve Gastrectomy From Dr. Michael Feiz
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sisters Stacy and Robyn Harris were tired of struggling with excessive weight, especially in light of their family's history of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Stacy received the FDA-approved lap band surgery in 2006, but five years later, she felt that sleeve gastrectomy might be her true weight loss solution. She recruited Los Angeles' leading bariatric surgeon, Dr. Michael Feiz, to convert her lap band into a gastric sleeve.
Stacy excitedly recalls the day of her gastric sleeve surgery. "We converted [the band] to a sleeve, which was a total miracle in terms of feeling better and losing the weight for good!"
2013 begins with Dr. Feiz & Associates appointing the Harris sisters as their January Patient Ambassadors. Both received gastric sleeve surgeries from Dr. Feiz (Stacy in 2011, with Robyn following her sister's lead in September 2012). Now, both are living full lives, leading successful careers, and looking fabulous.
When Stacy first consulted with Dr. Feiz, she was impressed that the surgeon had listed his cell phone in lieu of an office number. "I was so surprised that the doctor himself answered the phone… he was so gentle in the way he spoke with me and very caring from the moment we discussed the possibilities, that I knew he was the right doctor for such an emotional surgery."During the surgical process, Dr. Feiz would remind Stacy that he was her doctor for life. This was not a simple friendly sentiment, but a verbal commitment that proved to be true. After observing her newly active sister reach her weight-loss goal, losing 85 pounds and dropping down to a size 4, Robyn went for her own sleeve consultation with the esteemed surgeon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV