VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- International Lithium Corp. ("ILC" or the "Company") (ILC: TSX-V) is pleased to provide an update of the Company's operational activities in 2012, and plans for 2013.
- Received increased financial support from Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium Co. Ltd. ("Ganfeng Lithium")
- Plans to drill and bulk sample at Mariana, Argentina which hosts Lithium-Boron and some of the highest Potash Grades in an Argentine salar
- Successful year-end drill program at Mavis Lake Ont.
- Drill Program planned for Blackstairs, Ireland - funded by partner Ganfeng Lithium
- Strengthened Management and Expertise
In the last fiscal period ILC continued to increase their strategic relationship and corporate objectives with Ganfeng Lithium, a strategic partner from China, via a $2,000,000 investment in the Company. The financial commitment reflects continued support of ILC's management, philosophy and technical programs moving into 2013.
Mariana Project, Salta, ArgentinaA combination of sediment and brine sampling drilling is planned to occur early in 2013 on the Company's wholly owned lithium-potassium brine project in Argentina (news release dated 6 December 2012). The drilling will provide a better understanding of the resource potential of the entire salar. GEOS Mining, an Australian geological consultancy with experience in brine resource estimation, has been retained to assist in planning the project and carry out the necessary studies to support a resource estimation if warranted at this stage. The Company will also collect bulk samples of the brine to be used for more advanced process and recovery testing by Ganfeng Lithium. The implementation of a program to install test evaporation ponds and a pilot plant is also being considered in addition to hydrogeological, climatic and geophysical studies.