Appeals Court Upholds Jury Verdict Against Former Executive
KANSAS CITY, Mo., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit yesterday affirmed a federal jury's verdict against former Hallmark group vice president Janet L. Murley. In its ruling, the Court denied Ms. Murley's motion for a new trial and revised the original jury award of $860,000 to $735,000.
During the 2011 trial, Ms. Murley admitted she had retained and disclosed Hallmark confidential information to a competitor after she left the company.
"We are pleased the court upheld the jury's verdict and denied Ms. Murley's motion for a new trial," said Donald J. Hall, Jr., Hallmark president and CEO. "Proprietary business information is an important corporate asset and we will take whatever steps are necessary to protect our intellectual property."
About Hallmark Cards, Inc.Privately-held Hallmark Cards is headquartered in Kansas City, MO. Visit http://corporate.hallmark.com for more details. SOURCE Hallmark Cards, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV