MS will step into the earnings confessional on Friday before the markets open to report on its 2012 fourth quarter. The average estimate on EPS is 27 cents compared to the year-ago quarterly loss of 14 cents.
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.
The consensus estimate on revenue is also looking bright for MS. Analysts' average estimate is for sales growth for the quarter of $7.02 billion, almost a 23% increase over the same quarter in 2011. MS is coming off a string of disappointing quarters, and if Friday's report is a disappointment, look out below!
That might set the stage for a correction that will suppress Morgan Stanley's share price low enough that patient investors can buy shares closer to where Loeb's hedge fund did its purchasing. The one-year chart below illustrates what we've seen and what may be about to unfold.
MS data by YCharts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV