On The Call: JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon
By The Associated Press
JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon said Wednesday that the housing market "has turned," echoing statements he made after the third-quarter earnings announcement in October. The bank funded more than $51 billion in mortgages, up 33 percent from a year ago. Auto loans were also up, as was sales volume from credit cards.
On Wednesday, the bank reported earnings and revenue that blew away expectations. In a call with analysts, Erika Penala of Bank of America Merrill Lynch asked Dimon about his thoughts on the state of the U.S. consumer.
JAMIE DIMON, CEO of JPMorgan Chase: "The American economy I've said the table is rather well set. Consumers, businesses, housing, small business, they are all in pretty good shape and I think we need good policy and good fiscal policy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV