Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN) announced today that Thomas C. Freyman has been elected to the company’s board of directors, effective immediately. Freyman is executive vice president, finance and chief financial officer for Abbott, a global, broad-based health care company.
“We are pleased to add Thomas Freyman, a well-established business leader, to Tenneco’s board of directors and I look forward to his participation,” said Gregg Sherrill, chairman and CEO, Tenneco. “Tom’s financial perspective and extensive background will be assets to our board as we continue to implement our strategic growth plans and capitalize on opportunities to deliver shareholder value.”
Freyman has served in his current role – CFO and executive vice president, finance – since 2004, having been first appointed CFO and senior vice president, finance in 2001. From 1999 to 2001, he served as vice president and controller of Abbott’s Hospital Products Division. Prior to that, he held a number of financial planning and analysis positions with Abbott including treasurer for Abbott’s international operations and corporate vice president and treasurer.
Prior to joining Abbott, Freyman was a certified public accountant with Ernst & Whinney in Chicago. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Illinois and a Master’s degree in management from Northwestern University.About Tenneco Tenneco is a $7.2 billion global manufacturing company with headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois and approximately 24,000 employees worldwide. Tenneco is one of the world’s largest designers, manufacturers and marketers of emission control and ride control products and systems for the automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment markets and the aftermarket. Tenneco markets its products principally under the Monroe®, Walker® and Clevite®Elastomer brand names.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV