BRIGHTON, Mass., Jan. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq:PEOP), the holding company for Peoples Federal Savings Bank, announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.03 per share on the Company's common stock. The dividend will be payable to stockholders of record as of February 6, 2013, and is expected to be paid on February 15, 2013.
Peoples Federal Bancshares, Inc. is the parent company of Peoples Federal Savings Bank, a community-oriented financial institution operating seven full-service branch locations in the greater Boston area. Peoples Federal Savings Bank offers a broad array of retail and commercial lending and deposit services.
This press release may contain certain forward-looking statements which are based on management's current expectations regarding economic, legislative and regulatory issues that may impact Peoples Federal Savings Bank's earnings in future periods. Factors that could cause future results to vary materially from current management expectations include, but are not limited to, general economic conditions, changes in interest rates, deposit flows, real estate values and competition, changes in accounting principles, policies or guidelines, changes in legislation or regulation and other economic, competitive governmental, regulatory and technological factors affecting Peoples Federal Savings Bank's operations, pricing, products and services.
CONTACT: Maurice H. Sullivan, Jr. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Telephone: (617) 254-0707
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV