Lexus IS Sedan
Lexus rolled out the IS on Tuesday and said it will go on sale in June. Design is key.
"One of the guys from our production crew said it looks fast even when it's standing still," said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group VP and general manager.
Hellwig said the IS, like many newly introduced luxury cars, will attempt to compete with the BMW 3 Series. He said Lexus "didn't do anything real dramatic. They went with a very evolutionary tact and tweaked a lot around the edges."TrueCar's Toprak, in a prepared statement, said that "Lexus has a chance to bring a younger demographic to their brand with the new IS -- This vehicle has a chance to grab market share from competing vehicles in its segment and help Lexus to compete in the share of the luxury crown again." Follow @tedreednc -- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV