Cadillac rolled out the ELR, basically a luxury Volt, on Tuesday, saying "the sleek luxury coupe features the first application of extended range electric vehicle technology by a full-line luxury automotive brand."
"Cadillac ELR is General Motors' second vehicle using plug-in technology and its first luxury model with the powertrain," said TrueCar.com analyst Jesse Toprak, in a prepared statement. "The success of this vehicle will help GM to lower its production costs and introduce more plug-in hybrid models within its lineup of vehicles."
Brandy Schaffels, a TrueCar.com. editor, added: "This elegant sister to the Volt promises all the luxury and prestige one expects from the Cadillac brand."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV