Honda Urban SUV Concept
Honda rolled out its compact Urban SUV Concept on Monday, planning to launch it in Japan by the end of 2013 and in the U.S. in 2014.
"No one has had greater success with small cars than Honda, and this Urban SUV Concept will create new value in the growing small-SUV segment," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales at American Honda, in a prepared statement.
Total Car Score CEO Karl Brauer said the Urban SUV could be the most important vehicle at the auto show. "In terms of sales and growth for a brand, that small Honda concept (all the high-volume variants will sit on it) is pretty important to that brand," he said. By the way, that quote is from the first interview we ever conducted by text messaging.Eric Lyman, vice president of editorial for ALG, a provider of automotive analysis, said the Urban SUV cannot arrive soon enough. "With gas prices expected to rise over the long term and the subcompact utility segment in its infancy Honda cannot bring their entry into the segment soon enough," Lyman said, in a prepared statement. "With strong brand value and perception of fuel economy, Honda can capitalize on a segment currently populated with polarizing niche products."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV