Toyota Furia Concept
The Toyota (TM) Furia is the concept for the Corolla, the fifth best-selling car in the U.S. in 2012, with sales of 290,147 units. It was unveiled Monday.
Ed Hellwig, automotive editor at Edmunds.com, said the Furia is "thought to be a lightly massaged version of what will be the Corolla," which is a very high volume car in the very important compact car segment, where the Civic, Ford Focus, Chevrolet Cruze and Hyundai Elantra all compete for consumers who are focused on good gas mileage.
"The Corolla Furia Concept is an early indicator of where our compact car design may lead in the future," said Bill Fay, group vice president the Toyota Division, in a prepared statement. "It blends a heightened emphasis on dramatic design and modern elements of high technology to generate curb appeal that will surprise a lot of people."Toyota said the theme for this car is "'iconic dynamism,' which uses pure and simple surface elements to create a confident, decisive and recognizable appearance appealing to more youthful consumers." By the way, a lot of people say it is worthless for a college student to major in art history, given a job market which is heavily slanted against an education in anything that does not seem practical and immensely lucrative from the get-go, but we say that somebody has to devise themes for concept cars. Since introducing the Corolla in the U.S. since 1968, Toyota has sold more than 9 million of them, which is about 38% of all the passenger cars it has sold in the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV