Ford Atlas Concept
The Ford F-150 has been the best-selling U.S. vehicle for the past 31 years, as we have heard a thousand times in the past week, so the introduction of the concept for the 2015 F-150 is, of course, a big deal.
It does seem that Ford did not want all the attention going to the Silverado and the new Ram 1500, selected as the 2012 truck of the year at the start of the auto show, and so it rolled out a the Atlas concept on Tuesday. But there is something else going on here too: Wednesday, Jan. 16, was the 65th anniversary of F-Series, which was introduced on Jan. 16, 1948.
Ford even dug up the original press release, which noted that "the streamlined 1948 models, completely new from the wheels up, represent the first post-war product of Ford."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV