Just a few short days after being crowned Miss America 2013, Mallory Hagan has announced that she plans to help IHOP™ raise more than $3 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals on Tuesday, February 5 as that organization kicks off its 30 th anniversary. On that day, Hagan will be exchanging her crown for a chef’s hat, her gown for an apron and her sash for a spatula to serve as spokesperson for IHOP’s eighth annual National Pancake Day, when participating IHOP restaurants nationwide give away millions of buttermilk pancakes from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. In exchange for the free short stack of pancakes, IHOP restaurants are encouraging guests to make a voluntary donation to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and other local charities.
“It’s an understatement when I say I’m thrilled and honored to begin my year of service as Miss America by serving as the spokesperson for IHOP as they help raise funds for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals,” said Hagan, who serves as the charity’s National Goodwill Ambassador. “Helping save children’s lives is the most worthy of causes, and I am grateful to start my year off by helping to celebrate the Children’s Miracle Network Hospital’s 30 th anniversary of helping children. I hope that everybody can celebrate with me by going to IHOP on February 5 th to enjoy a short stack of free, delicious buttermilk pancakes and help save the lives of children across the country.”
IHOP launched its National Pancake Day celebration in 2006 to benefit the communities in which it operates. Last year’s fundraiser was the largest one-day event in IHOP’s 54-year history with more than four million pancakes given away and over $3 million raised for local children’s hospitals and other worthy causes. To date, IHOP and its guests have raised more than $10 million dollars in support of local charities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV