ROCK ISLAND, Ill., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Bituminous Insurance Companies ("Bitco"), wholly-owned general insurance subsidiaries of Old Republic International Corporation (NYSE: ORI), today announced that Vincent C. Lamb (50), President, has been appointed to the additional position of Chief Executive Officer. He succeeds R. Greg Ator (60) who has retired following a thirty-eight year career with Bitco.
Vince Lamb joined Bitco as president in 2011 on the heels of a successful 20-year insurance production and underwriting career with ORI's Great West Casualty Company and affiliated insurance agencies. He is a graduate of the University of Iowa and holds the Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter ("CPCU") designation. As President and Chief Executive Officer he will lead Bitco as the senior member of its Office of the Chief Executive Officer.
Bitco's Insurance Companies are expected to continue growing nationally as specialty insurers focused on both middle market and larger commercial enterprises. Their current production and underwriting competence are oriented toward the oil and gas, construction, and forest products industries. Certain additions to current product offerings and new niche markets are being considered as the companies aim to accelerate their growth as specialized insurance underwriters.
About Bitco and Old Republic
Bitco's Bituminous Insurance Companies trace their beginnings to the 1920's and became ORI subsidiaries through a 1985 merger.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV