SAO PAULO, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BRF – Brasil Foods S.A. ("BRF" BM&FBovespa: BRFS3; NYSE: BRFS), acting in accordance within the terms of Instruction No 358 of the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM) of January 3, 2002 and § 4 of art. 157 of Act No 6.404/76, announced on October 4, 2012, that it had signed a binding offer to acquire, through its subsidiary in Austria, a 49% share equity stake of Federal Foods Limited ("Federal Foods"), a privately-held company headquartered in Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates.
BRF today announces the conclusion of this business at a final amount of USD 37.1 million. BRF will have powers of decision in accordance with the shareholders' agreement now in place and will consolidate the Financial Statements of Federal Foods.
This acquisition is in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalize the Company by accessing local markets through processing and distribution, strengthening the BRF brands and expanding the product portfolio in the Middle East.
Leopoldo Viriato SaboyaChief Financial, Administration and Investor Relations OfficerSOURCE BRF
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV