ST. LOUIS, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC) has been notified by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) that Sunshine State Health Plan, Centene's Florida subsidiary, has been recommended for a contract award in the Medicaid Managed Care Long Term Care program. Upon regulatory approval, enrollment will be rolled out by region, beginning in August 2013 and continuing through March 2014.
The new Medicaid Managed Care Long Term Care program will replace the current Nursing Home Diversion Program (NHDP) and will cover the entire state of Florida, which is divided into 11 regions. Sunshine State Health Plan was selected to serve members in 10 of the 11 regions.
"Centene is pleased to be selected to participate in this expanded long-term care program," said Robert Hitchcock, Executive Vice President of Health Plans for Centene. "Our integrated care model has proven to be successful both in Florida and other markets in improving health outcomes for members with long-term care needs, while saving our state partners money."The long-term care program covers recipients 18 years or older who have been determined by the state's long term care assessment program (CARES) to meet the nursing facility level of care, including individuals who are dually eligible for Medicaid and Medicare and non-duals (Medicaid-only). "Centene has been serving Medicaid members in Florida since 2007, and we are pleased to expand our partnership with the state to provide critical long-term care services to eligible members," said Chris Paterson, President and CEO for Sunshine State Health Plan. "We look forward to continuing to partner with providers and important community organizations to offer an individually-centered, personal approach to serve the state's most vulnerable residents."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV