Michigan Dec. Jobless Rate Unchanged At 8.9 Pct.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) â¿¿ The state says Michigan's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate has held steady at 8.9 percent in the latest month.
The Department of Technology, Management & Budget said Wednesday that December's jobless rate was unchanged from November. The latest rate is down 0.4 percentage points over 12 months from December 2011's 9.3 percent.
Michigan's unemployment remains 1.1 percentage points higher than the national rate, which also was unchanged in December at 7.8 percent.
The state says a loss of 11,000 jobs was offset by a 10,000 drop in the number of people in the workforce as employees or active job-seekers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV