WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation announced today that it will open its first franchise location in India on January 19 in the city of Bangalore. Bangalore is India's 3 rd largest city, a cosmopolitan city that is the center of India's growing IT sector and home to many well recognized universities and research institutes.
In June 2012, the Company announced a new partnership with Citymax Hotels Pvt. Ltd. for the development of 80 franchise Krispy Kreme retail locations over 5 years in the South and West regions of India. Citymax Hotels Pvt. Ltd. is part of the Dubai-based Landmark Group, one of the largest and most respected retailers in India and the Middle East.
"Our new partnership with Citymax Hotels Pvt. Ltd. represents the extraordinary growth opportunity we believe exists for the Krispy Kreme brand in India," said Jeff Welch, Krispy Kreme president, international. "Working with Citymax Hotels, we are delighted to introduce the Indian consumer to the Krispy Kreme experience, including our one-of-a-kind Doughnut Theatre."
"We are excited to introduce the world famous Krispy Kreme experience and hot Original Glazed® doughnut to India. Apart from presenting its most popular and freshly prepared recipes from across the world, Citymax Hotels and Krispy Kreme will work together to make some local adaptations to suit the Indian palate as the brand reaches out to a wide consumer base," said Mr. Vishal Sawhney, President – Citymax Hospitality, India.The Krispy Kreme Original Glazed ® doughnut can be found in over 730 locations in 22 countries, including Australia, Bahrain, Canada, China, Dominican Republic, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, the Republic of Korea, Qatar, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV