From Open Compute Summit – Hyve Solutions, a division of SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), has responded to the growing demands of its customers by delivering the benefits of Open Compute Project (OCP) technologies through the creation of a new OCP server platform, the Hyve Solutions 1500 Series, which can be installed in a standard 19” rack. The new 19” form factor of OCP V2 has similar building blocks as existing OCP designs, but makes for easier evaluations and more flexible deployments of OCP solutions without major datacenter retrofitting.
“Hyve Solutions’ customers want the power efficiency and price benefits of OCP but are often constrained by existing datacenter requirements for standard 19” racks,” said Steve Ichinaga, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Hyve Solutions. "Our new Hyve Solutions 1500 Series platform delivers these benefits without removing existing rack infrastructure.”
The 19” OCP V2 prototype is ready now for customers to view and will be available within the first quarter of 2013. It is comprised of 28 2-node 1.5u high servers into a 44u rack. Attendees of the Open Compute Summit can experience it firsthand in the Hyve Solutions booth #B12.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV