Fourth-costliest car: 1962 Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder
Winning bid: $8.6 million
Ferrari produced only 106 California Spyders -- including just 37 of this prized variant, which combines a short wheel base with covered headlamps.
The convertible also boasts a 280-horsepower V-12 engine, three carburetors and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes -- a combination suitable for racing or regular road use."The California Spyder is considered the most attractive convertible Ferrari road car in existence, and I'd go so far as to say that it's one of the most-attractive open-topped road cars ever," says Girardo, whose company sold the car.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV