Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), a leading health and well-being company, today announced several exciting new initiatives at the Humana Challenge PGA TOUR golf tournament that will engage people in their own health and well-being. The event was held in the Bob Hope Square at PGA West in La Quinta, Calif. and featured Gary Player, leading golf icon and recently announced Humana health and well-being ambassador.
One of the new initiatives that debuted during the event is the Humana Walkit Challenge, which encourages people to improve their health by counting their steps, both at the Humana Challenge and at various PGA TOUR events across the country. Through this program, attendees at the 2013 Humana Challenge will receive a pedometer to help them track their steps.
Following the tournament’s conclusion, Humana will take the Humana Walkit Challenge to other PGA TOUR stops and challenge attendees to meet or surpass the number of steps taken during the Humana Challenge. The PGA TOUR stop that comes closest to equaling – or exceeding – the steps taken at the Humana Challenge will win a KaBOOM! multi-generational playground build in their community in 2014, funded by Humana.
“The vision for the Humana Challenge is all about ‘well-being … with a side of golf,’” said Bruce Broussard, President and CEO of Humana. “Through the Humana Walkit Challenge we are encouraging all attendees, both at the Humana Challenge and across the country, to take a more active role in their health.”Separately, the Humana Walkit Pro program is also new this year and will offer more information about how PGA TOUR pros are getting healthy through their craft. Humana, in partnership with IDS, a division of SMT and the PGA TOUR’s ShotLink Scoring System, will track the number of steps taken and calories burned by every player on the course in real-time – each day of the Humana Challenge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV