Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AXE as long as it's trending above some near-term support at $63.92, and then once it sustains a move or close above $66.89 with volume that hits near or above 253,664 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then AXE will set up to re-fill its previous gap down zone from last May that started above $68.
Silicon Graphics International (SGI)
This company provides hardware and software technology within large-scale x86 cluster computing, HPC, Internet, Cloud Computing, large-scale data storage environments and visualization platforms across many verticals & geographies. This stock is trading up 5.6% at $11.48 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 402,000Average Volume: 228,585 Volume % Change: 180% From a technical perspective, SGI is ripping higher here above some near-term support at $10 with above-average volume. This move has started to push shares of SGI into breakout territory, since the stock has taken out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $10.72 to $10.78. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SGI as long as it's trending above those breakout levels with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above its three-month average action of 228,585 shares as bullish. If SGI can maintain that trend, then this stock will set up to re-fill some of its previous gap down zone from last February that started above $14. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV