Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Lose the Gloom and Doom
Am I Diversified?
In the "Am I Diversified?" segment, Cramer spoke with callers and responded to tweets sent via Twitter to @JimCramer to see if investors' portfolios have what it takes for today's markets.
Cramer said this portfolio can't include both Celgene and Gilead. He recommended selling Celgene and adding in Ross Stores (ROST) to gain some retail exposure.The second portfolio's top holdings included: Apple, Annaly Capital (NLY), Southern Copper (SCCO), Eli Lilly (LLY) and iShare Gold Trust (IAU). Cramer blessed this portfolio as properly diversified. The third portfolio had: Qualcomm (QCOM), Verizon (VZ), iShares Silver Trust (SLV), Whole Foods (WFM) and Hain Celestial (HAIN) as its top five stocks. Cramer recommended selling Hain in favor of a drug stock like Pfizer (PFE).
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said it's time to start making money in the bank stocks again. He said the revaluation of the financial sector has begun, as evidenced by the strong earnings from both Goldman Sachs (GS), a stock he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, and JPMorgan Chase (JPM). Cramer said with much of the government meddling behind them, these banks are returning most of their incremental gains directly to shareholders, which is why these stocks are buy, buy, buys right here. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV