Consumers want marketers to invest more in email, Facebook and the Web, according to a new study by global interactive provider ExactTarget (NYSE:ET).
Featured in ExactTarget’s Marketers from Mars study released today, the study found 33 percent of consumers want marketers to invest more in email, 24 percent want marketers to invest in the brand’s website and 22 percent of consumers want marketers to invest in creating a better Facebook experience.
“Consumers are moving from single channel interactions into multi-channel relationships,” said Jeff Rohrs, ExactTarget’s vice president of marketing. “Our Marketers from Mars research provides exclusive insight into consumer expectations, offering marketers exclusive new insight on how to avoid the pitfalls of personal biases or becoming a ‘focus group of one’ when creating marketing strategy.”
Key findings of the research include:
- 45 percent of marketers prefer to interact with brands on email compared to 36 percent of consumers with a smartphone, and 49 percent of consumers who do not own a smartphone
- 93 percent of marketers and 49 percent of consumers have made a purchase as a direct result of an email marketing message
- 93 percent of consumers subscribe to at least one brand’s email, remaining consistent compared to 2010
- 21 percent of marketers prefer to interact with brands on Facebook compared to 31 percent of consumers with a smartphone and 26 percent of consumers who do not own a smartphone, making it the second most common place both marketers and consumers look to connect with brands online
- 58 percent of consumers have “Liked” a brand on Facebook, a 20 percent increase since 2010
- 41 percent of marketers report they have made a purchase as the result of a message they saw on Facebook, compared to 21 percent of consumers
- Among those actively using Twitter, 58 percent of marketers and 46 percent of consumers follow brands to receive advanced notice about new products
- 61 percent of marketers Follow at least one brand on Twitter
- 12 percent of consumers Follow a brand on Twitter, a 7 percent increase since 2010
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts