New Jersey American Water is now accepting applications for green project funding through its Environmental Grant Program. The program offers funding up to $10,000 for qualifying, innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies. Grants are limited to supporting projects in the company’s service areas.
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and are selected by the company’s employees based on various criteria such as project goals, impact, innovation, design, collaboration, sustainability, and community engagement, among other requirements.
To qualify, proposed projects must:
- Be located within New Jersey American Water’s service area
- Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
- Be completed between May 1, 2013 and November 29, 2013
- Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
- Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
- Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the grant is used)
*Salaries and compensation for support of a project or program are ineligible for the grant.Since it began in 2009, New Jersey American Water’s Environmental Grant Program has provided more than $70,000 in funding. Information and application requirements can be obtained directly at the New Jersey American Water website at New Jersey American Water Environmental Grant Program. Applications must be postmarked by March 11. Grant recipients should be notified in early April. New Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to approximately 15 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV