To honor the 150 th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, Wells Fargo (NYSE: WFC) joins with several of the nation’s leading African American museums to host a yearlong tour of “The Kinsey Collection: Shared Treasures of Bernard and Shirley Kinsey –Where Art and History Intersect.” The exhibit contains a world-class collection of art and artifacts chronicling African American history and culture dating to the 1600s, including an early copy of the Emancipation Proclamation.
The tour officially launches during Black History Month, making its first stop in San Francisco on Feb. 8, 2013, at the Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD). It later moves to The Harvey B. Gantt Center in Charlotte, N.C., and finally to the Reginald F. Lewis Museum in Baltimore ( refer to tour schedule below for details).
The Kinsey Collection brings to life many important and untold stories involving the rich history of African Americans, their achievements and contributions, as well as their struggles for equality and civil rights that remain relevant today.
“The appreciation of culture, diversity and human rights is at the heart of our vision and values as a company,” said Jimmie Paschall, executive vice president, Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion, Wells Fargo. “Sponsoring the Kinsey Collection allows us to honor a pivotal moment in American history that ultimately shaped this country, its aspiration and realities, and its commitment to civil rights for all Americans.”“Sponsoring this tour provides Wells Fargo with the perfect opportunity to encourage conversations about the value of diversity and inclusion, in our nation’s past and future,” said Michelle Thornhill, senior vice president, African American segment manager, Wells Fargo. “The tour also allows us to recommit to the fundamental principles of equality that promote community, mutual understanding and shared success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV