3. Skyworks Solutions Inc. (SWKS): Together with its subsidiaries, offers analog and mixed signal semiconductors worldwide. Market cap at $3.98B, most recent closing price at $20.50.
Skyworks is now valued at 8.4 times its FY14 earnings per share estimates. In November 2012, the company authorized a stock buyback program totaling $200 million, or 5.1% of its outstanding shares. Earlier that month, Skyworks fell because it forecast revenue of $450 million, and earnings of $0.54 per share in Q1.
4. Avago Technologies Limited (AVGO): Engages in the design, development, and supply of analog semiconductor devices worldwide. Market cap at $8.31B, most recent closing price at $33.87.Avago Technologies was estimated by Barclays to earn between $2.40 and $2.70 per iPhone 5 unit sales, close to the $3 per phone earned by Skyworks. The $8.31 billion company rebounded from the $31 low in December, but is still below its $37-level made in August 2012.
5. Micron Technology Inc. (MU): Engages in the manufacture and marketing of semiconductor devices worldwide. Market cap at $7.77B, most recent closing price at $7.60. Micron supplies memory for Apple, but it also makes PCM, or phase-change memory chips, for Nokia (NOK). The chip gives better performance than NAND flash memory. Data is not lost when the power is lost. In its Q1, Micron reported weak DRAM sales, but this was due to the weak PC market.
Valuation will matter. So will forward P/E, debt ratios, and past quarterly sales:
Written by Kapitall's Chris Lau.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV